Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu Soup

The Palmers gave me this book for my birthday. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who enjoys food/health. It breaks down each food and tells you how it benefits the body and the best way to cook them. Because of this book I've been trying to get more greens into my diet. I had some home made chicken stock so why not make a soup!
Ingredients:
*cooked chicken
*Red chard
*collard greens
*1/2 lemon
*1/2 diced onion
*mushrooms
*salted ham (or ham hock if you have it)
*2 tablespoons of red chili flakes
*3 cloves of crushed garlic
*salt and pepper
*parm cheese for garnish
*6 cups chicken broth



Sautee the onion and ham for at least 20 min. Then dump the rest of the ingredients in. Be sure to de-stem the collard greens. I rolled the leaves up like a cabbage roll and just cut them into strips. Simmer for and hour or 2...just keep checking the greens. It is SO not soup season. But this is very tasty!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Boooo... Healthy food... If I have greens, its sauteed spinach is some type of rich cheese sauce.

    ReplyDelete