Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken


I hate tomatoes. HATE THEM. but when they are done bruschetta style I like them.
Frist I made the bruschetta mix. I chopped fresh tomatoes, LOTS of fresh basil and then added about a tablespoon of olive oil, 1 clove of chopped garlic and some salt.

Then I seasoned thinly sliced chicken breast with salt and pepper and then seared it in olive oil till the chicken was cooked.

The key to this is getting fresh mozzarella from the deli. Cut thick slices of the cheese and put this on top of the cooked chicken. Top with the bruschetta mixture on top. Place under the broiler till the cheese is melted.

3 comments:

  1. looks like a great low carb dish...you sure you don't want to live here year round?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how it would taste to mix the tomatoes with some pesto? Also, what about sticking this under the broiler prior to putting on the tomato mix?

    ReplyDelete