Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Santa Fe Steak



Recently I was in McAllen and we had the best steak I've ever had at Santa Fe Steakhouse. It inspired me to make tonights dinner.
The first step is to roast the garlic. Peel the paper off the garlic, chop off the top of the bulb. Season with olive oil and then roast in a 400 oven for 30-45 min.
Before/After


Then grill the steaks to your liking. I got center cut filet and kept the seasoning very light. Only a bit of salt and a tiny bit of fresh cracked pepper.


Once the steak is done, cover with Brie cheese, and finely diced red and yellow pepper. Put this in a 400 oven till the cheese is melted. This only takes about 5-7 min. Top the finished steak with roasted garlic cloves. OH MY!!!!! so decadent and absolutely PERFECT.

3 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! Question, could you have put the steak under the broiler to melt the cheese? Did you place it in the 400 degree oven to finish cooking the steak as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only reason for that was I was hoping to roast the bell peppers just slightly as well.

    ReplyDelete