Monday, April 27, 2009

Chicken Salad 2 ways

This past weekend I boiled a chicken. I decided to make 2 different chicken salads with some of the meat. The first was a traditional chicken salad. I got this recipe from food network.
Ingredients:
*1 cup of cooked chicken
*1/4 cup mayo
*1/2 of a fresh lemon juice
*1 tablespoon mustard
*Scallions
*2 tablespoons chopped celery
*salt and LOTS of fresh ground pepper










This was great!! Very traditional flavor. The scallions really make it! Finished product:



















The second chicken salad I just made up. I wanted something with a Mexican twist. Ingredients:
*1 cup cooked chicken
*1/4 cup mayo
* 2 chipotle peppers
* 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce
*1/2 fresh lime juice
*chopped cilantro
*salt to taste











This was my FAVORITE :) you have to add lots of cilantro to cut the smokey chipotle flavor. Very, very tasty! :) Finished product:

1 comment:

  1. traditional looks the best, but I'll take your word for it!

    ReplyDelete