Monday, May 18, 2009

Coho Salmon


I'm not a big salmon fan. In fact...I dont like it much at all. Sometimes I like it but most times I don't!! (i do LOOOVE smoked salmon though) I do, however, want to bring salmon into my diet more since it is so healthy. A good family friend had a personal chef over for her birthday, and the chef made us Coho Salmon. I liked it more than most salmon, so I thought I would give it a shot.


I found this breading for it at central market...












First I seasoned the fish with salt and pepper, then I followed the instructions which said to dredge it in wheat flour, then egg, then the breading...











Then I seared the fish in a hot pan with some oil....I finished it in the oven. I flaked the fish because I cant stomach looking at the whole thing. I served with lemon wedges, brown rice and broccoli. Maybe I should try to eat this more often...I am still not a huge fan of salmon so I hardly ate :) buuuuuut if it's healthy, I will force it down! I'm sure for salmon lovers, this meal was great! :)

4 comments:

  1. You get salmon for appetizer when we go to dinner babe. Looks delcious. I love salmon cooked many ways. I try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, if only I could get my family on board with salmon. Thanks for another good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, why did you flake the salmon up in the picture instead of leaving the whole filet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well....the crust turned out a little more brown than i wanted anyway. so if i took a pic of it before I flaked the fish it would look like a brown blob

    ReplyDelete