Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strawberry Cake

Growing up my Gran made this strawberry cake and I always asked for it on my birthday. It might be a sad looking cake but it is amazing!!!



I was very excited about using my Dad's Kitchen Aid! It takes so little with me. I had never used one and I loved it. This recipe is super simple...







Mix: 1 box of white cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup of oil
1 box of strawberry jello
then add 1 cup of frozen strawberries. Lots of juice!











For the frosting, mix a bag of powdered sugar, a stick of melted butter and more frozen strawberries. Just keep adding strawberries until the mixture is thick. I accidentally put too much strawberries and ran out of powdered sugar so my frosting was runny and sad looking.






I lined 3 small square pans with wax paper and then baked them at 350 for about 25 min.




The result was a bit sad looking but boy it was gooooooooood :)

4 comments:

  1. Did Biblo, Nynnie, and the Walrus get to share a piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious jen, save me a piece! Little pointer if you have to much liquid put the frosting in the fridge uncovered to set up (this will also reduce the moisture that made it runny...it happens to us all)
    P.S.
    I know how you feel about the KA I <3 mine so much, I can't imagine baking without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cake! I feel fatter already.

    ReplyDelete